ResedaWeb.blog

Everything Reseda-esque... sporadically published news, trivia & links about the neighborhood and its neighbors

_________ A CIVIC BLOG

20050316

Fixing facts

WATER: When I called the city's 311 line Sun Mar 6 to report the leak coming from the city's side of my water meter, the operator who took the data said "They should be out some time next week."

I said, "Let me sure I got this right. I've just reported a leak and you say it'll be a week?" :::::Ed.note: Yes, she said it'd be next week, and I said she said it'd be a week::::: She proceeded to tell me about how their service call priority is toward major breakages, blah, blah, yeah I got it. By morning, there was a DWP orange cone at the leak, indicating the leak was assessed and duly prioritized. By the evening of Tue Mar 15 the leak had been staved, if not repaired.

That was within hours of the earlier posting and a day after posting this photo. By no stretch of imagination do I think those events are related. The cone remains, so some work is likely still coming.

:::::Ed. note: Cone is gone, hole filled, as of this evening:::::