ResedaWeb.blog

Everything Reseda-esque... sporadically published news, trivia & links about the neighborhood and its neighbors

_________ A CIVIC BLOG

20050408

Cutting in line at a funeral

MEMORIAL: When I heard the President had gone to the Vatican to pay his respects to Pope John Paul II, I was reminded of a similar (but less profund in every way) circumstance of a huge crowd viewing a deceased leader and a "dignitary" joining the line. At the Reagan Library:
I had been in line, on a bus, in line again for about 2 1/2 hrs and just as I'm entering the viewing room, a woman staff member asks if I'd mind if some local officials can step in... It's US congressman Elton Gallegly & wife and (I guess) his daughter & her husband. Congress has its priviledges. 20 yrs ago I interviewed him while he was Simi mayor.

The whole story, without editing or corrections.